The Gospel’s meaning, literally means, “the good news”. It is the greatest news that could ever
be told! The Gospel message begins difficult, but it leads to greatest joy that could ever be experienced.
This is what makes it “good news”.
To begin, you must understand that we are all sinners under the penalty of our sins! You and I have broken God’s law (the 10 commandments to point us to just a few), and sin separates us from a Holy, perfectly righteous God. Because sin separates us from God, our sin debt must be paid before we can be restored in our relationship with God.
- Romans 3:23 says, “for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23 says, “for the wages of sin is death…”
- 1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- Believe... that Jesus' death, burial and resurrection was for their sins Acts 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
- Repent... or turn from unbelief and trust in your goodness Luke 13:3 Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
- Accept... His free gift of salvation that was given on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins. Romans 10:13 For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.